Request for Expression of Interest - Consultancy Services for producing the 5th Myanmar EITI report
The Ministry of Planning and Finance now invites a competent consultant firm for Myanmar EITI’s Independent Administrator to produce the fifth MEITI report for the fiscal years 2017-18 for the Oil Gas, Pearl, Mining, Jade and Gems Sectors and 2016-17 and 2017-2018 for the Forestry Sector.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include but are not limited to the following;
1. Scoping study which will assess EITI data related to the oil & gas industry, mineral industry, gems and jade, forestry sectors. Data should include sector context, production and exports, revenue management, discretionary social expenditure, transportation revenue, beneficial ownership, licensing, contract disclosure, down-stream revenue, employment data, project-level reporting and State participation.
2. Preliminary analysis and Inception Report.
3. Data collection.
4. Initial reconciliation.
5. Investigation of discrepancies leading the draft and final Reconciliation Report
The consultant will produce the 5th MEITI reconciliation report in line with the EITI Standard 2019, by March 31st, 2020.
The Ministry of Planning and Finance, the Republic of the Union of Myanmar now invites eligible consultant firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff). Interested consulting firms should provide information demonstrating that they have required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are
• A minimum of 7 years of expertise and experience in the Oil and Gas, Mining, Gems and Jade, Pearl and Forestry Sectors in Myanmar or in Asia Region.
• A minimum of 10 years of expertise in accounting, auditing, and financial analysis.
- A track record in similar work. Experience as an EITI Independent Administrator or work of a similar nature within the last 5 years.
• Registration in Myanmar and being in line with the Myanmar Accountancy Council Law
• A Local partner must have sufficient staff and capacity for full cooperation and coordination both for IA and NCS. This includes fluent Myanmar and English language skills as well as expertise in accounting and extractives to analyse data in Myanmar and support the MEITI reporting entities.
• Regional and local knowledge in South East Asia and Myanmar in particular will be an advantage.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications and ensure the Joint venture or a sub-consultancy is well placed to achieve the assignment objectives. The Consultants are requested to clearly identify in their Expression of Interest, the nature of the association and the role of each member (i.e. JV member or sub-consultant)”
Please note that the total size of all attachments should be less than 5MB. The total number of pages should not exceed 50 pages. Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications. The services are expected to be delivered with a total duration of 9 months. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 revised July 2014 ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest. Consultant firms will be selected in accordance with CQS method set out in the Consultant Guidelines. Further information and a copy of the detailed Terms of Reference (TORs) can be obtained at the address below during working days from 10:00 to 15:00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below or sent by email to email@example.com not later than 27th May 2019.
For further inquiry: Daw Khin Khin Lwin
Myanmar EITI Office, Fiscal Policy, Strategy and EITI Division Budget Department, Ministry of Planning and Finance Office No. 26, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar Phone: +95-67-410580, Fax: +95-67-410533 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org